Tuesday, September 9, 2008

You are My Hero

My nephew (in-law) from the Philippines said to my father-
in-law, Walter Jespersen (when he was 97 years of age), “Lolo (Filipino word for grandfather), you are my hero. I want to be like you.” He then began to ask him many questions.

One question he asked was, “Lolo, what is the secret of finishing well?” Dad humbly said, “Well, there are several things. One is not being afraid to take risks for and to trust God. Another is to continue to grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ. Make sure you spend time in the Word of God and prayer, in ministry to others and live in obedience to the Lord Jesus.”

Lolo Jespersen is one of my heroes too, along with L.E. Maxwell, Charles Spurgeon, Hudson Taylor, John Sung, Evangelista Sisdora, and a host of others both past and present, who have lived and are living faithful lives for the Savior.

Let us all aim to finish and die well, and to be faithful today in living to the glory of God.

No comments: