Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Call from the Cops, Encouragement, and Heart for Obama

Margaret and I were driving too fast on the way to a special dinner (with 80 others) with the Seattle mayor. I was pulled over by the police. I admitted I was speeding and apologized. The officer politely warned me and let me go without a ticket. I later wrote the chief of police to say how polite the officer was even though I was in the wrong. I also said how much we appreciated the police and others in civil government who served us all and assured him of our prayer. The next day we received a call from the chief who thanked us profusely saying, “We never get letters of encouragement like this! Thank you so much!”

Shortly after the USA President election, I wrote President-elect Obama to assure him of our prayer and to encourage him as he moves forward in leadership serving the people of America and the world.

Even if you did not vote for him (or did), I would encourage you to write him a short letter:

President-elect Barack Obama
Washington D.C. Office
713 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510

Recently, the young 25-year old office manager of the large clinic where we are patients said that even though she didn’t vote for him, she was starting a “heart for Obama” prayer group!

A good verse to remember in this regard is Proverbs 21:1 (nasb), The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes.

No comments: