Thursday, May 10, 2012

Oh No - Cancer!


Recently I was at a luncheon for pastors and a friend said he had heard of my cancer situation and asked what type. When I answered that is was bladder cancer, he said, “Bladder cancer, oh that is terrible! My father died of bladder cancer, and it was really bad. My father died a horrible death!” and on and on he went. Later while eating, another pastor next to me seemed very sad and troubled. He then related a difficult church matter, but then began to say that the Lord had brought him though a serious “bladder” situation. So, what can we learn from God’s dealings? He does as He desires for our good and for His glory! We can trust Him, for, “Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yes, our God is compassionate. The LORD preserves the simple; I was brought low, and He saved me” (Psalm 116: 5-6, nasb).

No comments: