Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You’re Just An Ugly, Old Woman!


But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, (1 Corinthians 1:27, nasb.

Years ago when I served with Operation Mobilization on a village evangelism team in India (before Margaret and I were married), an elderly, very poor lady came to faith in Christ.

Her Hindu family immediately turned against her, with one even saying to her very shamefully and degradingly, “You’re just an ugly, old woman!”

This new follower of Christ humbly answered, “Isn’t it wonderful that God could love such an old, ugly person like me? How God could love me so much that He sent His son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to die in my place for my sin!”

No comments: