Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Does the Lord Always Answer Prayer?



Recently as I was driving on a fairly busy street at the speed limit of 30 mph. Suddenly three small children were running toward the street chasing a balloon.  I immediately saw that they were going to run into oncoming traffic.  I stopped quickly and dangerously in front of them so they would not be able to run into the street and made them go back.  I then turned the car around and parked it on the other side of the street and began to chase their balloon.  In fact, I even prayed, “Lord, help me get the balloon for these children.”  (As you know, balloons as very important to children!)

However, I could not reach the balloon.   It went over a fence and then over a house out of sight.  Interestingly, the children did not realize that I may have saved them from getting seriously injured or even killed, and they did not like the fact that I was not able to save their balloon.

This is the way it is with our prayer many times.  God answers in a way we may not understand in His sovereign plan for our good and for His glory!

No comments: