Monday, August 31, 2009

Old Man Can't Walk!

Recently my wife and I took a day off after a busy weekend of speaking and driving. We stayed in Wenatchee, Washington, one day and walked the 11 mile Apple Capital Loop Trail. I was okay the first six miles, but the last 5 miles were very hard! I had to stop to catch my breath several times and my back, legs, and broken toe gave me problems.

This little episode reminded me again that our bodies become weaker with age but, “we do not lose heart … though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man being renewed day by day. For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:16-18, nasb).

Yes, we may have momentary light affliction, but this does not compare to the eternal weight of glory! To this we say, “Glory!” even with old bodies, sore backs, and broken toes!

No comments: