1. Friday night 6:00 to 8:30:
- Missions fair with rooms arranged in the countries the church has missionaries or projects with info on the missionaries, projects country, etc.
- The fellowship room could have an on-going meal with food of several countries (not just snacks but lots of food!).
- Missions program in the fellowship hall 7:45-8:30) with missionary speaker (challenge for missionaries to serve foreign fields), and another giving short update or story of a missionary.
- Only sing great mission songs and hymns! (This include special numbers).
- Men's breakfast with missionary speaker 7:00-8:30.
- Women's brunch with missionary women speaker, 9:30-11:00.
- 1:00 special fellowship with missionary guests with the missions committee, pastors and elders for Q&A.
- Evening 5:00 light meal (sandwiches, salads, etc.) and service 5:45-7 pm with missionary speaker. Ice cream social afterwards.
- Joint Sunday school for kids to listen to stories of missionaries (perhaps two missionaries).
- A missionary to speak in adult Sunday School, with another one giving a simple 10-minute update of ministry or story.
- Missionary to speak in worship service (challenge to serve) with another giving 5-minute update. Just before missions message, have all the children come to the front and sit for a special missionary flash card story of 6-8 minutes (the pictures are also flashed on the church screens so the adults will enjoy also).
- All songs and hymns to be with missions emphasis (including specials)!
- Sunday evening 5:30 in fellowship hall have a special "Action Night" (with lots of pizza and salad) with ALL ELDERS, DEACONS, DEACONESSES, MISSION COMMITTEES, TEACHERS, LEADERS, (and anyone interested) WITH THEIR FAMILIES, for discussion as WHAT TO DO NEXT? Receive suggestions on how to keep the missions interest, how to trust the Lord to send missionaries from our church, member care of our missionaries, possible projects to do for church supported missionaries etc.
4. Plan months in advance to make it an ALL church event with ALL leaders committed to attend ALL meetings. Encourage all the leaders to set the example to lead and help and attend and participate in all meetings!
5. Cover the travel and expenses (and an honorarium) for each missionary invited.
6. Perhaps use these Mission Hymns:
- Facing a Task Unfinished
- Across the Lands
- O Church Arise
- In Christ Alone
- By Faith
- Holy Spirit, Living Breath of God
- O Great God
- All I Have Is Christ
- Grace Greater Than All Our Sin
- We've a Story to Tell to the Nations
- Take My Life and Let It Be
- Jesus Shall Reign
- Nothing but the Blood
- Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy
- Jesus What a Friend for Sinners
- There is a Fountain
- All Hail the Power of Jesus Name
- O for a Thousand Tongues
- Amazing Grace
- The Love of God
What do you think?