Friday, January 29, 2010

Moaning and Groaning Does Not Do a Bit of Good

Moaning and groaning does not seem to do a bit of good. The old saying goes, “When it rains, it pours!”

On one occasion, we picked up our van that we had loaned to a family who needed a car for several weeks and noticed the “Service Engine Now” light was on. I took the van to our mechanic and it cost over $1400 to repair.

The same week computer and equipment problems for my office cost $2100.

The doctor told me that surgery on my knee was badly needed, but he cannot guarantee results. Because of my arthritis and other problems, the pain will probably continue as he says my knee is one big mess!

When you and I as Christians begin to ponder bad situations, it is good to realize that compared to the situation that millions are facing in Haiti and the Philippines, our troubles are nothing. For example, I watched a video of street children going through garbage in Manila just trying to find a scrap of food they could eat to keep from starving.

So what if there is a large bill for the repair of our vehicle. God owns it! It is His money. So what if computers crash. It is His equipment dedicated to His service; and the same goes for my body. If it has been dedicated to Him (Romans 12:1-2), then He can do with it that which He pleases: cripple it, heal it, use it, or put in the barn!

Psalm 66:11-12: “You (God) laid an oppressive burden upon our loins... yet You brought us out into a place of abundance.” Charles Spurgeon said, “We often forget that God lays our afflictions upon us; if we remembered this fact, we should more patiently submit to the pressure which now pains us.”

No comments: