Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Southern Slavery ... as it really was!

One of my side interests is studying slavery issues worldwide which include the United States. Over the years, I have gathered nearly 150 books on slavery.

From time to time, I read literature which paints slavery in a positive light instead of a negative injustice and cruelty of most slaves.

The following link (bungechord.com/southernslavery) will take you to an article in response to writings by Pastor Douglas Wilson and Steven Wilkins.

The article is a rebuttal of their teaching and is written by a layman. It is quite insightful .

Let me quote from a comment made to by author, “… ‘Biblical Slavery’ in my opinion is an oxymoron and contrary to sound Biblical teaching.”

Pray for us as we seek to minister the Gospel and compassionate care as it relates to slavery (especially to children) that is still taking place in many parts of the world.

Let me encourage you with the following, Pure and lasting religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit [care for] orphans . . . in their distress . . . (James 1:27, nasb).

Doug Nichols

No comments: