Friday, April 25, 2014

Just Asking: Do we really believe the Word of God?

On one occasion I was attending an early morning Bible study with church and lay leaders in another country. They asked me questions about ministry in the Philippines and also asked me to share my testimony and about my previous cancer situation.

I shared Psalm 66:10-12, "For You have tried us, O God; You have refined us as silver is refined. You brought us into the net; You laid an oppressive burden upon our loins. You made men ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water, yet You brought us out into a place of abundance."  I then mentioned that we can trust God with whatever He gives us, sickness or health.  One man took very serious objection to what I was saying and replied loudly, "God doesn't do that!"  I repeated the verse, and the man responded, "I don't know about that.  It doesn't sound right. I don't know if I can believe that."

Do you believe when you read, or is it just too hard to really take our LORD at His Word?

No comments: