Thursday, January 17, 2013

To Bend Down and Help Others



Recently my bad knee went out and I fell at the airport.  

A pastor friend of ours later heard of this and wrote the following: “I was sorry to hear of the damage to your knee.  I want you to know that when you travel next time, if you let me know we’ll drop you off at the airport and pick you up.  We’ll handle the heavy lifting.  I wish I would have known sooner so that we might have saved you from your accident and potential surgery!”

This is quite a testimony from one who is a very busy pastor in ministry, shepherding a church, and yet willing to add to his responsibilities to go out of his way to help in a mundane task as a servant!
Whether you are a big shot or not, this quite an example!

1 Peter 3:8, “To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit,” (nasb).

No comments: