Friday, April 24, 2015

Great is the Lord -- The Lord is

compiled by Doug Nichols

GENESIS

28:16 Then Jacob awoke from his sleep and said, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I did not know it.”

EXODUS
15:2 The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise Him; my father’s God, and I will extol Him.

15:3 “The Lord is a warrior; The Lord is His name.”

17:15  "Moses built an altar and named it The Lord is My Banner."

NUMBERS

14:9 "Only do not rebel against the Lord; and do not fear the people of the land, for they will be our prey. Their protection has been removed from them, and the Lord is with us; do not fear them.”

14:18 "The Lord is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression..."

DEUTERONOMY

6:4 “Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!

31:8 "The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

JOSHUA

4:24 "All the peoples of the earth may know that the hand of the Lord is mighty, so that you may fear the Lord your God forever."

JUDGES

6:12 "The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said to him, 'The Lord is with you, O valiant warrior.' "

6:24 "Then Gideon built an altar there to the Lord and named it, The Lord is Peace."

1 SAMUEL

2:3 “Boast no more so very proudly, Do not let arrogance come out of your mouth; For the Lord is a God of knowledge, And with Him actions are weighed."

14:6 "Then Jonathan said to the young man who was carrying his armor, 'Come and let us cross over to the garrison of these uncircumcised; perhaps the Lord will work for us, for the Lord is not restrained to save by many or by few.' "

2 SAMUEL

22:2 “The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer..."

22:31 “As for God, His way is blameless; The word of the Lord is tested; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.

1 KINGS

8:60 "...so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God; there is no one else."

2 CHRONICLES

12:6 "So the princes of Israel and the king humbled themselves and said, 'The Lord is righteous.' "
20:17 "You need not fight in this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the Lord is with you.”

NEHEMIAH

Nehemiah 8:10 "Then he said to them, 'Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.' "

AMOS  

Amos 9:6 "The One who builds His upper chambers in the heavens and has founded His vaulted dome over the earth, He who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out on the face of the earth, the Lord is His name."

PSALMS

10:16 "The Lord is King forever and ever; nations have perished from His land."

11:4 "The Lord is in His holy temple; the Lord’s throne is in heaven; His eyes behold, His eyelids test the sons of men."

11:7 "For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; the upright will behold His face."

16:5 "The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; you support my lot."

18:2 "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

19:7-9 "The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.  The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true; they are righteous altogether."

23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread?"

28:7 "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him."

34:8 "O taste and see that the Lord is good; how blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!"

34:18 "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

54:4 "Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my soul."

95:3 "For the Lord is a great God and a great King above all gods."

103:8 "The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness."

113:3,4 "From the rising of the sun to its setting the name of the Lord is to be praised.  The Lord is high above all nations; His glory is above the heavens."

121:5 "The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand."

135:3 "Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praises to His name, for it is lovely."

135:5 "For I know that the Lord is great and that our Lord is above all gods."

145:8,9 "The Lord is gracious and merciful; slow to anger and great in lovingkindness. The Lord is good to all, and His mercies are over all His works."

145:17,18 "The Lord is righteous in all His ways and kind in all His deeds. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him."

PROVERBS

1:7 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction."
10:29 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."

15:33 "The fear of the Lord is the instruction for wisdom, and before honor comes humility."

18:10 "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe."

           ISAIAH

12:2 "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation."

13:6 "Wail, for the day of the Lord is near! It will come as destruction from the Almighty."

30:18 "Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him."

33:5 "The Lord is exalted, for He dwells on high; He has filled Zion with justice and righteousness."

33:22 "For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; He will save us."

JEREMIAH

10:10 "But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth quakes, And the nations cannot endure His indignation."

33:2 “Thus says the Lord who made the earth, the Lord who formed it to establish it, the Lord is His name."

33:16 "In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem will dwell in safety; and this is the name by which she will be called: the Lord is our righteousness."

LAMENTATIONS

1:18 “The Lord is righteous; For I have rebelled against His command..."

3:24 “The Lord is my portion...therefore I have hope in Him.”

3:25 "The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him."

HOSEA

12:5 "Even the Lord, the God of hosts, the Lord is His name."

JOEL

3:16 "The Lord roars from Zion and utters His voice from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earth tremble. But the Lord is a refuge for His people and a stronghold to the sons of Israel."

AMOS

9:6 "The One who builds His upper chambers in the heavens And has founded His vaulted dome over the earth, He who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out on the face of the earth, the Lord is His name."

MICAH

1:3 "For behold, the Lord is coming forth from His place. He will come down and tread on the high places of the earth."

7:8 "Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; though I dwell in darkness, the Lord is a light for me."

NAHUM

1:3 "The Lord is slow to anger and great in power..."

1:7 "The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knows those who take refuge in Him."

ZEPHANIAH

3:5 "The Lord is righteous...He will do no injustice. Every morning He brings His justice to light; He does not fail. But the unjust knows no shame."

LUKE

1:28 "And coming in, he said to her, 'Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.'"

4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed."

2 CORINTHIANS

3:17 "Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

PHILIPPIANS

4:5 "Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near."

1 THESSALONIANS

4:6 "...and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you."

2 THESSALONIANS

3:3 "But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."

HEBREWS

3:6 "...so that we confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What will man do to me?' "

JAMES

5:11 "We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful."

1 PETER

3:12 “For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, and His ears attend to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

2 PETER

2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance."



No comments: