Tuesday, August 5, 2014

From Pastor Joe

Dear family & friends,

Thank you for the love, support, and words of encouragement. On Sunday, I shared with the congregation of Living Hope Bible Church about my recent health condition. After experiencing some problems with my vision, I saw an ophthalmologist who wisely sent me to have an MRI. Their suspicions were confirmed that I specifically had a pituitary tumor in my head. The good news is that it was treatable, benign in the vast majority of cases, and there was a top-notch team at Swedish Hospital that specialized in the treatment of this tumor. The tumor, however, is large and wrapped around my one of my major arteries.

I met with the primary surgeon today and I was very encouraged. It was quickly determined that I should have surgery and one has been scheduled for this Wednesday around 9 AM. The majority of the tumor can be removed safely in only an hour, but because of the risk involved with bleeding, the portion around the artery would not be removed. It should not pose any danger to me and I am encouraged because the surgery itself is very often successful with only small risks involved. Medication and monitoring will be a part of my long-term treatment.

Your prayers and love are very much appreciated. Isaiah 26:3-4 has been an encouragement to me and God has given me great peace and joy over the future: The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock." God's grace is and always will be sufficient.

Overall, my family and I are doing well and I am so very thankful. Scriptures have filled my mind and songs have filled my heart. May the Word dwell richly in you as well (Colossians 3:16).

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

For His Glory,
Joe Lum
Pastor

No comments: