Monday, April 8, 2013

Where did all these leadership books come from?



My wife and I are scaling down our possessions and I have been going through my many books – commentaries and others – and shipping them to some of the needy 41,000 untrained pastors in the Philippines.  

Over the years I have also collected many books on African-American slavery, the abolition movement, children in crisis, the “home child” (from Great Britain to Canada), and on all aspects of leadership.  Being in leadership these many years, I have read as much as I could on this topic.

Recently I distributed about 150 books on leadership, but here I go again collecting more. I am presently reading through the following:

Love Works (Seven Timeless Principles for Effective Leaders) by Joel Manby
Leading from the Lion’s Den (Leadership Principles from Every Book in the Bible) by Tom Harper
Leadership Images from the New Testament (A Practical Guide) by David Bennett
A Call to Leadership (Twenty-six Leadership Lessons from the Life of the Apostle Paul) by John MacArthur
The Book on Leadership by John MacArthur
Agape Leadership (Lessons in Spiritual Leadership) from the Life of R.C. Chapman by Alexander Strauch
Gospel-centered Leadership (Becoming the Servant God Wants You to Be) by Steve Timmins
The Conviction to Lead (Twenty-five Principles for Leadership that Matters) by Albert Mohler
It’s Your Ship (Management Techniques from the Best Ship in the Navy) by Capt. D. Michael Abrashoff
The Quest for Character by John MacArthur
Leaders Who Last by Dave Kraft
A Christian Leaders’ Guide to Leading with Love by Alexander Strauch
Leadership (A Treasury of Great Quotations from Those Who Aspire to Lead) by William Safire and Leonard Safir

No comments: