1. Hear the Gospel—Savior, send people to share the good news about Christ with children so they can call on His name for salvation.
“Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved. How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?” (Romans 10:13-14, nasb).
2. Health and Wholeness—Nurturing Father, help children grow strong in every way, as Jesus did – in wisdom, in stature and in favor with God and man.
“And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men” (Luke 2:52, nasb).
3. Love and Understanding for Children with Special Needs—Jesus, help your people see all children as You see them, remembering that what we do for them, we really do for you.
“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me’” (Matthew 25:40, nasb).
4. Love for God’s Word—All knowing God, open children’s eyes to see wonderful things in your word, so it can light their path.
“Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Your law…Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path” (Psalm 119:18,105 nasb).
5. Hope and Protection for Refugees—God, our refuge, comfort and protect children and families who have had to leave their homes.
“You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance” (Psalm 32:7, nasb).
6. Freedom from Racism and Prejudice—Lord of all nations, give children love for people of all races and protect them from others’ hatred.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28, nasb).
7. Give and Receive Kindness—Gracious God, help children to know Your compassion and forgiveness and to share this grace with others.
“Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you” (Ephesians 4:32, nasb).
8. More Children’s Workers—Lord of the harvest, send workers to reach children who have not yet heard the good news of Jesus.
“The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest” (Luke 10:2 nasb).
9. Place to Grow in Faith—Good Shepherd, lead children into church communities that will spur them on toward love and good deeds.
“And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near” (Hebrews 10:24-25, nasb).
10. Learn to Love God Wholeheartedly—Loving God, may each child grow to love you with all their heart, soul, mind and strength.
“And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength” (Mark 12:30, nasb).
11. Place of Belonging for Orphans—Father to the fatherless, send families and workers who will love and care for orphans.
“Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world” (James 1:27, nasb).
12. Confidence in God—Faithful God, show children they can trust in You to be their hope and confidence in all things.
“For You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my confidence from my youth” (Psalm 71:5, nasb).