Friday, August 12, 2011

Have you ever had a bad day?

If it wasn’t so bad, it would be humorous. Today while writing someone, I used the word “satanic” instead of the word “satellite.” While I was having lunch my dental partial broke. Where do I get my teeth fixed, when I am speaking Sunday?! My sciatic nerve is bothering me and I am not able to sleep at night. My leg went out today while I was carrying a heavy box. The contents went everywhere. The tires are bad on my car and have to be replaced before I go to southern Washington this Sunday. We leave Sunday morning to speak at a church and are driving four hours one way. My grandson was just told that he needs medical insurance to accept the sports scholarship at a leading Christian school. He has no money. There is not internet at our house. Margaret is trying to get her message for a Bible Study for a women’s meeting in the Philippines printed off, but our computer isn’t working right. Besides all this, I am old, takes me an hour to do the work of 10 minutes, and I am oh so ugly!

Humor aside, these are nothing in comparison to the suffering that many saints of God are going through worldwide, especially in China, India, the Middle East.

“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials” (James 1:2).

“In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, “ (1 Peter 1:6).

No comments: