Thursday, April 15, 2010

Who in the world is the local goddess?

Recently I pulled up to a drive-in window at McDonald’s and ordered a “Happy Meal.” As I was paying, I said to the man at the window, “I have a problem.”

He responded, “What’s that? I have an answer. What’s your problem?”

I said, “Well, the car in front of me has a bumper sticker that says, ‘Serve your local goddess.’ Who in the world is the local goddess?”

He looked at me with a blank stare.

So, I said, “If it is okay with you, I think I will continue to serve the living God.”

He smiled and said, “I think that is your best bet!”

A lot of the world is serving its local “yahoo” goddesses who don’t even have a name. Let us serve the living and true God who made Himself evident through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.

“But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior”
(Titus 3:4-6, nasb).

No comments: