Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blood and Money

Recently an acquaintance of the ministry gave Margaret and me a brand new $50 bill. Knowing the sacrifice that this must have been, Margaret and I prayed that the Lord would lead us to whom to give this. Later while I was having a medical appointment to draw blood, the nurse seemed to be quite depressed. I asked how she was doing and she responded, “Not too well. My husband has just lost his job.” She then said she even had to borrow money from her grandmother that morning to buy gasoline for her car to get to work, and I asked if I could help her by giving her a small gift to help. As I handed her the money, she was speechless, but very thankful.

As I drove back to my office, it dawned on me how quickly the Lord had answered our prayer – not just giving the money, but to someone in great need. God answers prayer for His glory.

No comments: