Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What a Great Way to Wake Up!

These words, which I (God) am commanding you … shall be on your heart. You shall teach them … talk of them … when you walk … and when you lie down …(Deuteronomy 6:5-6, nasb).

Recently after church services several families met for lunch to surprise Margaret on her 63rd birthday. It was a wonderful time honoring this wonderful woman of God.

It was a large house and people visited throughout the afternoon in various rooms enjoying fellowship in Christ.

In the late afternoon I sat in a large chair to listen to a good friend discuss the Word of God with Dad Jespersen. My friend would read a passage from the Bible and Dad would explain and discuss it. This went on for quite some time, and as I was tired after a busy week, I fell asleep. It was great to not only fall asleep listening to God’s Word, but to wake up hearing it as well.

Moses in Deuteronomy teaches the importance of hearing the Word “all the time,” even when lying down. I thought later, What a great way to wake up!

No comments: